The weather has cooled down
70's and 80's to start the day
No triple digits.
Im looking forward to a nice 10 mile+ ride
on Nevel today...
I felt nauseous on the drive up
I felt very warm while saddling Nevel...
It was only about 76 degrees.
I persisted and walked him down the road to the trail.
Barely dragging myself on-He stood still.
Down the trail we went-Barefoot.
We rode to the lake, where the trail bends around
He has to hop down a rock ledge and doesn't want too...
Nevs tries his backing stunt
Then his whirl around stunt
I cropped him and made him stand at the tiny ledge
Managed to snap a nice picture for once!
Finally I give up and get off and lead him up a small hill
through the rocks.
I feel overwhelmingly hot!
How can this be...its not THAT hot
Plus I have electrolytes! Im prepared
But I'm hotter than Hades And getting dizzy.
Some how I get back on Nevs. I start having an Asthma attack
I can't get my air...whatttt? I haven't had an attack in YEARS.
Plus I am having major reflux...how can THAT be? Is this a heart ATTACK?
GALLBLADDER attack? I can't think, nor breathe very well. I feel like everything is going BLACK....
I'm GOING TO DIE out here less than two miles from the barn!
The rest I don't remember, I kinda slumped on Nevel while still trying to get air...
I heard a little kid, far below us say...."look Tommy! a HORSE!"
After that I was at Horseshoe Bar Road, not remembering going up the steep hill at all.
Nevs sauntered us home, I could breathe and I wasn't so hot anymore. But I had a horrible headache! Nevs found some tasty grass to eat on the corner and I just sat and felt very comfortable in the saddle while he ate.
Whats up with those Mail boxes...and this Lemon Tree?
The Lane was a welcome sight and we only did 3 miles which included the walk up to the barn to give Nevs a shower and sheath/bean cleaning...yuk!
I didn't want to press my luck by riding Persee, so hopefully tomorrow...tomorrow
Guess I need to purchase some head and neck coolers and figure out what is going on with my metabolism and such. Last weekend I rode 16 miles (bike) at 6000 feet one day, 10 miles the next and then on the third day we hiked 5 miles with a 1300 ft elevation gain at 7000 ft...I did fine, no issues at all! It WAS cooler, but STILL.... : (
1. Crazy Work
2. Volcanoes, Vanilla, & Kayaking/Snorkeling in Hawaii (lotta fun and relaxing)
3. Crazy work (Boss informs me in a text message on my work phone-that I didn't Take to Hawaii-"You're back on pms!" So...no more getting off at 2 pm to go ride my ponies :(
4. 1 ride in the arena on Nevel & 1 on bad Persee (had to lunge him for 20 min before he would quit bucking at the canter)
5. Go home feeling nauseated and chilled in 97 degree heat...sick for 2 days. :(
6. WEATHER REPORT...TRIPLE DIGITS for next 10 days :(
7. Crazy people at work!
8. I'm depressed
9. 1 more day of Crazy Work
10. Headed to Tahoe tomorrow....Wonder if I can talk my husband into getting up at 3:30 a.m. To watch the Tevis start....naahhhh...probably not! He.s only seen Nevel once in the 4 years I've known him- and that view was from the car. Can't get him near a horse.
Ok....maybe NEXT weekend I can Re-start riding AGAIN! :(