Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A paradox


The short days of winter really are VERY LONG! quite a paradox. I have not been motivated this winter to even think about endurance riding. And, I have only ridden twice...short rides at that.

There is quite a mindset for Endurance and I must say that after the initial week long adrenaline rush high that I had after the Fort Valley LD in October...I had a state of depression going on for a few weeks.

In January, I had the opportunity to fly to Sacramento, Ca. There was a professional archer/hunter on the plane in my row of seats and we talked about the adrenaline rush/depression syndrome. He gave me some good tidbits of advice that he had gotten from an Olympic runner.

He said to make a plan for your next goal/quest. Put it in writing...in easy to follow steps and make an effort to start attaining the simple goals.

I have yet to make my list...I figure I might be too far gone at this point...BUT if I do manage to motivate myself to get back on the horse, I might have my starting point at least. IT is sunny, warmer today...maybe today is THE DAY!

3 comments:

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Challenge: Post your goal as your next blog entry : )

that way we can keep an eye on your progress ; )

Shana said...

I agree with Merri. We are keeping an eye on you! Don't make me come back out there!! LOL

Mel said...

mmm...I didn't realize everyone went through this. Good to know. I have incredible amounts of fun at rides, but afterwards (at least a couple of days, but sometimes a couple of weeks to a couple of months) I can't seem to pull myself together to get off the couch.