Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

It felt like 13

But it was only 5!

I was HOPING for 13...does that count?
Our last ride was 10 and 13 is certainly doable...

UNLESS...you have a golden pony that sees emerald green
and doesn't want to venture further than the closest mouthful
of green grass!
LOOK TO THE LEFT!
                                         LOOK TO THE RIGHT!

Grass! Grass! Grass!  EMERALD GREEN FRESSSSSHHHH GRASSSSSSSSS!

I encouraged him onward and he snuck gobbles of grass.  It was slow going...2.8mph at one point.
He was spooking too!  Birds were flitting every where and making big rustling noises in the bush.

We met up with a youngin' on a dirt bike (who was looking DOWN at the ground and not AHEAD at the trail!
Nevel Froze
I yelled and waved my arms
Thankfully said "youngin'" looked up and stopped in time.  No accidents and he was very apologetic.
I was just thankful I wasn't on flighty Persee.

The trail was an active creek at times and huge puddles with Tadpoles often.  No pictures here!
Nevel doesn't stop for pictures-only grass eating!

We crossed paths with a lady wandering down the trail and Nevel was certain there must be another horse somewhere so he started whinnying...no answers though.

We reached a bluff on a trail I had never been on before but the view was spectacular tho distant.

Nevel decided this must be the turn around point for home.  Unfortunately, I dropped my camera and had to dismount to save it!  So I snapped a few more photos.
"ROCKS AREN'T GOOD TO EAT MOM!"

"Ok, Lets look at Lupines and Multi-Million dollar houses on hills then!"


No Nevel, but it makes it easier to MOUNT YOU if you would only stand still.  We had a bit of a fight with him being sent in circles.
Finally I took advantage of him when he stole a snip of greenery and was back on board.
Nevel likes to FLY home, no matter how slow he went out.  He tried bolting 3 different times to see if he could get home faster!

BAD NEVEL!

He managed some 10 & 11 mph trots and I would have liked to sustain that except the  hock sucking mud kept causing us slow downs.

Back to lush green and attempts to eat though and we averaged 4.8mph for the ride.

Gorgeous day
Ornery Horse-Still a Fun Ride
Safe Back at the barn
Flax/Banana/Mint homemade horsey treats

A good way to spend a Saturday!



No comments: