Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

My first Lesson

Ever
With a trainer last Friday.
Consisted of groundwork with Persee.

My history of riding lessons
In the beginning
Long long ago
Started with 2 endurance riders
Putting me on their Endurance Horses
And taking me down the trail.
They taught me how to post on the trail
And how to jump (which I don't like)
Weekends were spent doing 20 and 30 mile
Conditioning rides with them...
Then they rode their horses in the Old Dominion 100
And Tevis.
They would laugh and say that I thought Endurance
Was the only riding sport.
I was younger then and more agile.
Now I'm stiff and fall hard.
Wonder what the future holds for Persee and I?
He has had severe anxiety and nervousness
While at the trainers
We are treating him for ulcers
Amping up supplements...
He's being taken on the trailer for rides
With other horses
And even was taken out alone yesterday
By the trainer...


Sent from my iPad

No comments: