Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Playing Catch Up

7 Weeks Already?
7 weeks ago I made an attempt to get Perseus on the Trailer to go visit a Trainer.
He wasn't interested in going on.

All of the other boarders were gone due to looming nasty weather on the horizon.

I made a huge mistake of trying to get him on by myself with a lunge line fed through the tie ring and back out the trailer so I could tug and encourage him from behind at the same time.

He went willingly up to the trailer, but wouldn't budge on to it...Then he reared up and pulled back, ended up on top of my rubber trash can aka feed barrel and was quite shook up and stuck all at once.
He untangled himself from the barrel while I climbed back on the trailer and released the line from its stuck place.

In the meantime the weather changed from partly sunny to clouds, rain, sleet, snow and back to rain again.  YIKES!  That happened 3 times...and we didn't make any headway so I called the Trainer who said she would come on over and help load him.

Just moments after the trainer arrived, T drove up the lane and helped encourage him on the trailer from behind while the Trainer coaxed from inside.  T Finally lifted one of his feet up and placed it on
the trailer!








More encouraging and he managed a second foot!
Finally he was ON!  And T yells...SHUT THE DOOR! SHUT THE DOOR!

But instead the Trainer says...LETS DO IT AGAIN!   : )

2 comments:

irish horse said...

that's a good trainer. Do it again, get it right!

falconfeathers said...

And I kinda wished T hadn't come along and barged into our trailer training. She doesn't take no for an answer so I took the opportunity to let her encourage him from behind so I could get some pictures.