Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Staying Local

This last Sunday Nevel and I stayed local since I was on call for work.  
 We went down the lane, crossed the street and wandered down the trails.  Some lined with Lupine
Others lined with LUSH POISON OAK!  YUK!
 TRAIL OF OAK- I managed not to get any oak on myself this trip










 On our return Persee was anxious to get out of the pasture.  He was not too spooky as I brushed and saddled him but then had a flip attack when
the stirrup swung up and hit his flank.  So I repeated it on both sides 5 times while he looked at me wild eyed!  SILLY HORSE!
 He is still not impressed with his Green Tack.  Too bad...it is what we have and no money to buy blue!   I kinda like it, but it doesn't make me feel relaxed.  It just isn't me.  Maybe next year Blue.
IF I am riding him.
  Anyway...we took a hike down the lane.  He spooked a little at the drain by the road but I kept walking and pretended like I didn't see him spook.
We crossed the road and went to the creek.   Love my Ariats.  I walked right through the creek and didn't get wet.
     Persee walked right through too.  We turned around and he came through faster and splashed himself which caused him to jump slightly, but he was over it and we wandered back home...Uneventfully...Thank goodness!

No comments: