1. No pics of my adventure with Nevel today :(
2. Couldn't find my girth for my Duett so Sh kindly let me borrow one of hers
3. Nevel wouldn't let me mount
4. Round and round we went until finally he stood at the mount block
5. Nice walk up the trail, then trot through the woods.
6. Out to the meadow then right, up the hill, down along the woods edge to the road, turn around and trot for home.
7. 10.4 mph trot! Good boy Nevel! Except the saddle was rolling and I was not secure
8. I look down and only see half of my saddle pad in the front...it had slipped, turned and was going, going almost gone....
9. Had Nevel carry me to the top of the hill then I jumped off and reset the pad.
10. Decided not to fight with Nevel to get back on...hiked him home.
11. Un-Girth Nevel he gives a violent shake and tosses the Duett on the ground
12. Nevel spooks at said saddle crashing to the ground and spooks, bucks and stomps on and kicks the H E double L out of said saddle.
13. This in turn spooks Chili who tries to step on his mom...
14. Oh dear...I'm gonna get kicked off of the barn premises!
Time to ride Perseeus.
There is no comparison to Nevel
Stands mostly still for mounting.
Nice walk trot in the arena
Saunter down the lane
Turn and head for home,
Survived BIG rocks and Green covered cement thing a ma jig.
I reach up to pat him for being such a good boy and he freaks out
Spins so fast I hardly knew what happened
Jammed my fingers into my wrist into my elbow into my shoulder.
Is it broken? Don't think so, but my whole right upper extremity is in a state of hurt!
What caused it?
We were right next to the stable down the lane
Next to the scary green capped cement thing a ma jig
Next to the rippling brook going through the culvert
Next to some crazy gray Arabian that came thundering around in his paddock, bolting and bucking
Thankfully Persee stopped after his initial freak out and massive spin out
Thankfully I was NOT on him when it happened
Passively and peacefully Persee stopped for a bite of grass after giving the Arabian an evil look with his blue eye...then we sauntered back up the lane...just sane
Then we see Major frolicking in his pasture- shaking his head, snorting and giving some bucks!
What's up with that?
Time for me to go home.
Carrots for P & N