Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

No Pictures

I get bored reading blogs without pictures
Here I am with only pictures in my mind.

Nevel and I had several nice week night evenings
Riding in the arena to practice listening a bit better.
I utilized either the Duett or the Sommer.

My latest short ride had my knees screaming for two days
...stirrups too short.

Today I anticipated a lively jaunt into the big wood
And out to the meadow to check trail conditions.
(With longer stirrups)

I put the Summer on and attempted to mount at the block
The Nevs misbehaved with minimal sidestepping.
So we practiced until he stood still

Foot in stirrup
Saddle slid sideways
Tighten girth
Saddle slid sideways
....agha...3 tries and it's OUT!

Get the Tucker plantation-my favorite minus it's heavier weight.
Mount up and head lively up the trail.
Get to the creek
Giant tree blocking the trail
Turn...go to small trail on the right
Nevel refuses to cross TINY stream of water.

Dismount
Nevel JUMPs over said tiny stream
Nevel grabs gigantic mouthfuls of grass

Remount
Up the trail
Lovely smooth 9.4 mph trot
Dodge low branches
Skirt fallen tree
Trot
Another fallen tree

Turn around
Head for home
Dismount
Jump tiny creek
Remount

Head for home
Nevel is tripping constantly
Feels like riding in a box of rattle rocks.
Trip some more
Missing. Left Fore!


No comments: