Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Riding Partner

As far as a riding partner, I think I may have found one. It is ironic that two of the people that emailed me have names of each of my sisters. Ms 300# woman was a Wendy and now this other lady is a "Karen" Karen Wickens is her name and for the last 4 years she has helped out with the Old Dominion Rides and knows all about timing.

This year she is heading up organizing all of the staff for the OD. So I think I might have gotten lucky.

She used to teach riding lessons and rode hunter Jumpers for years, but now has the endurance bug, but hasnt raced herself yet.

She is purchasing an out of shape quarter/arab to condition for the Fort Valley ride. So we will be at the same level as far as training goes and she lives less than 10 miles away from me.

She doesnt have a horse trailer though, but I figured we could trade services. She can teach me a thing or two and I can trailer her, but she has access to tons of great trails from her house, so I can trailer down there a couple of times a week and do that.

Will be good experience for falcon to trailer short distances on a regular basis. So hopefully this will work out. But I kinda hate trailering out when I have places to train here at home.

oh well such is life.

No comments: