Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fire and Dust

The sharp smell of smoke 
Singed my nostrils when I arrived at the farm today
A Smokey Haze was starting to waft over the pasture
and Temps were already rising at 9:30 a.m.
AND
REMEMBER MY GLISTENING HORSE OF LAST WEEK????
HAH
ONLY FOR A MOMENT was RIGHT!
This is what greeted me at the fence!
 MR MUCKY MESS!
"Awe Mom, I don't WANNA WORK!"
 But work he did and promptly covered us both in dust.
I took a VERY short ride on him in the Arena.
By the end of it I was hot, choking on dust and had burning throat and nose from the now
 very heavy smoke laden air
And also arranged with B to ride him during the week
That works out well for her since Ziggy is lame and she has been wanting to ride Nevel
Nevel investigates the "TREAT TREE" but did not find any snacks today.
 Here he is in a borrowed saddle (doesnt fit him well either)
 Mr. Cutes looking for Carrots.








No comments: