Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Trax and Trail

Nevel was very lame last week.  I planned on coming to visit him in the middle of the week
But I was sick as a dog....sick as a dog?  where does that idiom come from?  Apparently from the 1700's...
So yes, I was very ill and didn't visit Nevel.
A texted me and asked if I wanted him to trim and shoe Nevel and I said "no"
"not until he isn't so lame and I can check on him."
Fair Enough

Today was lovely-64 when I headed to the barn.
I took Murphy and old Griffin with me.
No plans for riding a lame horse
and Murphy, young of age, has never even seen a horse.  Nevel was in his paddock eating hay, so I left him be and did not check for sound or lameness.









Murphy proceeded to bark at the horses withhis hair raised up on his back, Along with vicious growling.  Silly dog
I decided to take the dogs for a jaunt through the woods while it was still cool.  We saw more horses and trailers and also a mule in the Parking area.  Murph made himself a nuisance with barking and would not stop and I had to yank him along to the trail.
The trail was dusty, everything has gone brown and crispy...except for a few bright yellow flowers.


The Meadow is full of dried Star Thistle-those hateful weeds with big thorns-yet somehow the bees can make a most delightful honey from its tiny yellow flowers in spring.
Hellooooo???? whooooos there?



 Bear?  or is it a large coon?  haveta check my tracks book.


coon?

Traffic Jam...

The dogs were more interested in heading home at this point-their tongues lolling towards the ground...I poured some of my water into my hand to share with them.
Fall is in the air

Back at the barn...Nevel was in the far corner of his pasture.  I called to him...
guess who came GALLOPING and bucking across the pasture?
Not a bit of lameness noted at all....Nevel nosed for edibles while Drummer nibbled on my water bottle.

 Drummer is Neve's pasture mate for three more days then Nevel gets to go hang out again with his friends in the BIG pasture.





No comments: