Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Test Drive

Falcon got a "test drive" today.  He did pretty well!
The amazing thing to me was how Falcon responded to this trainer vs his last one who I NEVER saw ride him.  In fact he would not allow her to get on him when I was there.
So it was nice to see Mike hop on in pretty quick fashion.  Falcon still doesn't like to stand still, but this was his first day with Mike, so we will see what happens over the next few weeks.
 Just a few attempts at bucking-but Trainer Mike was quick on the draw and "nipped those bucks in the bud!"
I have a video to post if I can ever get it exported correctly.
Falcon is lame on the left fore.
Just makes me so mad because he was sound when he was sent to the other trainer.
Hoping to get the "Natural Hoof Care Practitioner" out this week to see if we can get his hooves shaped up properly.  Mike seems to think it will correct his lameness...I sure hope so!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Lameness is always frustrating! But especially when you'd had them sound!!

Great to hear that Falcon went ok with the new trainer!