Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gettin' Ready!

The days are disappearing quickly! Only 6 more days until my first Limited Distance ride in the Virginia Highlands.

I have slight anxiety. Not really for myself or Falcon, but more for Red. He is just such a wild card...

Red is not very comfortable in the woods, but one thing is for sure, that if he makes it through the initial Vet Check and then also through the Vet stop, he will take off for "home" at a LOVELY pace. I am hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised with both Red and Falcon.

Falcon's longest distance was a grueling 12 miles to Kennedy's peak. He finished bright eyed and ears perked...That has been months ago now and I feel like he is in better condition both mentally and physically now.

Oh so anyway....gettin ready!

The last of the WATER BOTTLES are in the dishwasher...

The saddle pads are washed and on their 3rd rinse cycle....

Red carried his saddle and both bridles and breast collars and two helmets up to the horse trailer for me, and patiently waited while I punched some extra holes in his latigo.....

Still a lot left to do, but will have to wait until Wed. night and Thurs.

The weather is so lovely...but it is rest time now, conserve our energy. I am plagued at present with inflammed hip, elbow and knee joints for some reason....hhhhmmmmm must be all of the ice cream or tomatoes I have been eating.

I plan on deleting both items from my menu for the next few days to see if there is any improvement.

The plan is to practice trot outs with Falcon and Red every day this week. Both did fairly well on their second try, but Red can WALK faster then I can RUN!

I expect to see marked improvement by Friday a.m.

1 comment:

Shana said...

I am all smiles from ear to ear... can't wait!