Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Short Jaunt




I have not been riding in several months : (
The last time I wanted to go
Both horses were lame!!!
Nevel with an abscess
Persee with a probable strained tendon
From dashing around in mud.
Then I have had multiple health issues this year
Finally the stars aligned
Weather was perfect
I took Nevel for a jaunt in the woods

He was on perfect behavior and we walked, trotted and cantered in the woods and meadow.
Then I saddled up Persee and took him for a hike.
He was a bit nervous on the lane due some loud scraping and banging of movers and he had 3 huge startles so I opted not to ride him.
He was well behaved once in the woods

 We had a nice 2.5 mile jaunt
Once back in the pasture Persee gives the steer “the eye”

The steer doesn’t care and wanders closer.  He is practically a pet. : (


No comments: