Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

No April Fools

I’m not talking about COVID though...
I’m sick of that subject and dealing with it at work.

In regard to my previous vent post-I heard that the owner lost all of her boarders but 1 and that 1 is looking to go also.

ANYWAY. APRIL 1

I pulled in to the pasture gate on said owners driveway and proceeded to feed my damp hungry horses.
The skiers were very dark and foreboding...spitting rain.
I was anxious through the roof and worried about trouble from owner.
The horses had galloped up when they saw my truck coming and splatted mud all over themselves.
While they ate I loaded my deck box into the truck then drove up to T’S to hitch up my trailer.
 Then I collected Persee who was a bundle of nerves but did settle some to eat some grass while I brushed some of the mud off.  He then loaded nicely and had minimal stomping.

I returned for Nevel and noticed the owner sitting on the porch watching.  I ignored her and took Nevel out.  Nevel was a basket case.  I’ve never seen him act that way.  He tried to gallop to the trailer.  I guess he thought he was being left behind!  😢
He wouldn’t even graze-so he jumped on the trailer and we headed out.
Ok...no he wasn’t standing on his head but I can’t get the pic to load in properly!  Ha ha!
It really was a short drive and as we pulled out of the lane the sun burst forth...the clouds were racing away and blue skies appeared.
The last thing I noticed was a sheriffs car following me down the lane.  Coincidence?I don’t think so...owner down there is a NUT CASE!!

BLUE SKIES
Perseeus was quivering like a leaf when I had put Nevel on but both of The boys traveled well, and stood quietly on the trailer without a peep after we arrived while I signed the paperwork.
They both unloaded well, led nicely in their new paddock and Persee had a good roll in the new field.
They sauntered around quietly until another horse started galloping in the next paddock, so they galloped too...then we’re all relaxed and sleepy eyed, while I groomed them some more and they munched on sweet smelling hay under their new shelter.
Nevel enjoys his shelter.

Nevel checks out Bleu two paddocks over (who came from the old boarding place too) 
Persee nibbles on greens and enjoys the company of a mare on the other side of the fence.
No April Fools for us!  We are looking forward to new trails and new friends (but we will surely miss Major and Beau-ya’all come ride with us sometime!  Trails to the lake area are right outside the gate)

1 comment:

Irish horse said...

Would love to come ride at your new place, Blue offered as well! So glad you found a place closer to home with better care. When we can travel again I’ll take you up on seeing those trails.