Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Vent & No April Fool Here!

A number of months back my horses boarding place was sold.
The new owner wanted to board horses
I didn’t have anywhere to go
So I stayed.

FIRST SIGN OF NUTZZZZZ!!!
At first it seemed ok
But the Hotwire had never been fixed
Nevel went right through it-multiple times
The new owners said I had to fix the WHOLE pasture!!!
I refused but...still
I had to shell out big bucks to fix a portion of the fence.

Next -they said I couldn’t park on the lane and had to park at the old owners!! ???
They moved Persee and Nevel to the big pasture without my knowledge.
No shelter there-that was in the contract-to have shelter.
I asked nicely about once a month-when would shelter be provided-hopefully before the rain???
They repeatedly assured me it would happen-but it never did.
I kept searching for suitable new boarding place.

Weekly I would find (and pick up) trash, toys and tons of twine and wire in the pasture


So very maddening-and the fence was sagging.  Neighbors walking on the lane actually were able to get the owners to fix the fencing by complaint multiple times to them.

STARVING??
The final straw came when I noticed that Nevel had dropped a lot of weight in 1 week.  I questioned that amount of hay being given and the fact that Nevel shared his hay with the resident steer.  The owner became argumentive and defensive-I requested more hay to be given and she argued more.  I had physically seen them feed the hay twice and KNEW they were not feeding 2 flakes each to the horses at each feeding.  It was more like 1 flake for 2 horses.
The second week I returned...Nevel even skinnier.  4 holes up on his girth from the previous Sunday.
I flipped out and demanded her to feed more.  She said she would.
I also moved their food storage bin right next to their feed buckets to make that easier too.
Owner said I could park there too.

THE NEXT DAY
I was driving up Salmon Falls Road with my dogs to hike and passed a horse farm with a boarding sign out front.  I meant to inquire after my hike but forgot and ended up going home via 49.
That night I was perusing Craigs List for new boarding and came upon a listing for that very farm.  I promptly inquired, visited and booked boarding to start in April.

CONTRACTS
The contract said I was supposed to give 30 day notice to leave.  I gave 24.
3 days prior I had the vet out for spring shots.
Owner came up through the orchard and stood across the drive-hollered out sternly...
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE??? She said it three times before we could answer.
Not to mention the doc with a stethoscope and a syringe and a truck that said LOOMIS BASIN EQUINE ON IT!!
Then she said we couldn’t park there that her family uses the driveway etc.  we were far off of the driveway by the gate.
The vet said “I will only be 5 min!”
Owner then said “DONT DO IT AGAIN!!!”  YOU HAVE TO PARK AT T’S and you CANT have Vets or farriers and stuff like that here-you have to do it at T’S and park on the lane???”

Huh??  So now I AM supposed to park on the lane and use someone else’s property that I don’t board with?  Huh???

I was pretty much in shock!  I avoid drama as much as I can...besides what was WRONG with her?

That day I picked up twine, trash and toys and threw it over the fence into their yard instead of a trash bag!!!  Grrrrrrrrr!!! 😡


1 comment:

Irish horse said...

I hated seeing them with no shelter. They always came to the fence and got a treat from me! People who have never owned horses should not start a boarding stable!! Rant justified!!