Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

Summer has Arrived

Even though I un-scientifically say these are the true seasons:
Winter = Dec, Jan, & Feb
Spring= Mar, Apr, May
Summer= June, July, Aug
Fall= Sept, Oct & Nov...ha ha

Summer comes earlier in NorCal-Cuz it hits 80 degrees in April.
Still-I’m fortunate to have access to breezes from the lake where I keep my horses now.
It’s just an awesome ride!
Persee was overly alert yesterday!  ðŸ™„. Still-we made it out alive.
Scoot Boots are still working well, but we need a 10 mile day or longer with more trotting to really see.
What? I have to STOP for a picture?

Nevel has been EXTREMELY  bad about mounting and even bucked me (not off) the  other day after I got on,! Snorting, charging around, backing up!!! Bad bad bad! But once I get him going down the trail he has been a pleasure to ride, 7 miles on Browns Ravine with some nice extended trotting.  His feet are soooo much better now that he doesn’t have to stand in mud and wet pasture all day!
Yesterday he got a lot of round pen work at home.  On Saturday I plan on working on mounting him in various places and not actually riding him away from the barn.  However he is almost always perfect in the arena.., sooo regardless we are going back to basics with his bratty self! 


No comments: